ATI radeon 9600 series problem

MastrKilla

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
Hi all,i am new here, i have problem and i registered here,becuse i know this is the best forum to help with PC.
Ok,like i say i have ATI 9600 series graphic card.
The first game i instaled after i buyed new computer is GTA san andreas( before 1 year)and after 20-30 minutes playing game stoped and blue screen aperas.I was think it's youst problem in game,but till today i have sam problem.I play Call of duty 2 and after 10-30 minutes playing game stop and says that ati2dvag stoped working normali.The guys in serivse say's that they fixed it but after that i have same problem.

Help me please.

Bazukaz

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Hi,
At first you should check if the fan on your graphics card is working properly.
Also you can try to use smartgart tool (which comes with catalyst control center) and try to decrease AGP speed from 8x to 4x . I have R9600XT card
and lowering AGP speed stopped random pc crashes.

Good luck.

ms2005

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
If you had a blue screen after 15 or 20 minutes, normal cause is overheating. Open the case and blow out any dust from the heat sink and fan. You can use ATItool to check temps.

MastrKilla

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
Hi,
At first you should check if the fan on your graphics card is working properly.
Also you can try to use smartgart tool (which comes with catalyst control center) and try to decrease AGP speed from 8x to 4x . I have R9600XT card
and lowering AGP speed stopped random pc crashes.

Good luck.

i lower it to 4x and wen stop,screen fuck up... colors...should i low it to 2x?

Catscratch

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
Why the need to lower AGP speed ? You won't get any performance from the card. Probably drivers or PSU problem. What model is your card ? 9600 PRO and XT are power hungry. A regular 300 watt PSU will not be enough.

Catscratch

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
"9600 series" is a general name. You have to check your card's box for PRO, XT or SE. And please check your PSU's power rating (Amp, Watts) and tell us.

MastrKilla

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
"9600 series" is a general name. You have to check your card's box for PRO, XT or SE. And please check your PSU's power rating (Amp, Watts) and tell us.

RX 9600,128 DDR memory... thats all i know
and PSU is 230 V

and i forgot to say,when game stop,after restart the box shows:
ati2dvag stop working normaly

and then dont send and send report,i tryed with send eror report but not useful

OK, so this is the problem similar to when I had the R9600.

It's likely that you have FastWrites enabled in the AGP/Smartgart section of the control centre. You should disable it and then see how things run.
That's what is sounds like based on the error situations you're encountering.

Something also to remember is that the latest graphics drivers are made to work with your latest MoBo BIOS and chipset drivers, so also make sure those are current. Once my MoBo was updated, I was able to enable fastwrites again (not that it impacts performance at all with those cards).

Try disabling fastwrites and see what happens.

Catscratch

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
If you can open your case cover and look the PSU from inside, you should see some more numbers. If your PSU only has 210V writing on it, you should get a new one. When I had my 9600xt for the first time, it made me change my noname PSU.