ATI Radeon 9800 Pro All-in-wonder

I know this problem probably belongs to ATI but I'm not getting much help
from them. So far I have done all they have suggested but still have the
problem ( Latest drivers,etc) The problem is with the TV section of the card
(ATI MMC). When I run the TV card, everything functions for about two or
three seconds, then I get the error message "The Instruction at '0x73dd11c7'
referenced memory at '0x00000004'. The memory could not be read". To me,
this looks like a fairly simple memory allocation problem but ATI don't seem
to able to provide a fix.
I am running WIN XP Pro with SP2, fully up to date. Any help, suggestions
would be much appreciated as this simple problem is very frustrating

Bob Johnston wrote:

> I know this problem probably belongs to ATI but I'm not getting much help
> from them. So far I have done all they have suggested but still have the
> problem ( Latest drivers,etc) The problem is with the TV section of the card
> (ATI MMC). When I run the TV card, everything functions for about two or
> three seconds, then I get the error message "The Instruction at '0x73dd11c7'
> referenced memory at '0x00000004'. The memory could not be read". To me,
> this looks like a fairly simple memory allocation problem but ATI don't seem
> to able to provide a fix.
> I am running WIN XP Pro with SP2, fully up to date. Any help, suggestions
> would be much appreciated as this simple problem is very frustrating

Have you checked your onboard memory? You could have a badly seated
module or something. Windows do one, you have to install it to a
floppy and run it from bootup. It will show quite quickly if you have
problems.

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

--
Paul (deep in the valley, in the trunk of an old car)
Stop and Look

Paul Heslop wrote:
Windows do one,

A memory checker I meant :O)