ATI Radeon & Cheating Consensus

Makaveli

Splendid
I only want replies from people that own ATI cards. Since you are the ones investing money into Ati products!
<b>Nvidia</b> Owners need not reply!

What do you think of the Quake or Quack 3 issue?

Do you even care?

Honest Opinon's only Please!

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=9802" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=9802</A>

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
I don't play Quake, so I don't care. I do think they should have said something about it though.

I think they will eventualy straiten out the drivers, hopefully soon. ATI has too much riding on getting the drivers working for them to not.

60 FPS, 70 FPS, 80 FPS Crash!
Daylight comes and I have to go to work :frown:

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
1. i dont play Quake 3.
2. Mid-Novembers drivers are coming with better AA aka smooth vision.
3. Mid-Novembers drivers will increase proformace.
4. Mid-Novembers will fix the Current Quake 3 problems.
5. The Card is very fast overall.
6. WTF where is DX 8.1

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

Raleldor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I do play Q3 once in awhile.. I crank the settings up to max, and really. I don't notice some downgrade of graphics from my old video card when it came to the quality.. What I do enjoy is the liquid smoothness of this video card in every game I have.

My friends came over when I got this card, I was on a raid in Everquest, everyone was casting spells and bards were singing, and my card was running it all with at least 60fps. I had ooohs and awwws from my friends. One of my friend who has a radeon 32mb card exclaimed,'SO THATS WHAT ITS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE!'

I'm very impressed and I love my new radeon 8500.
Wakening lands is a zone in Everquest, by far the laggiest zone they have.. ran at about 5fps on my old video card, at least 60fps on this one

OC my Radeon 8500? k
CPU: 285, 295, 305
memory: 510, 520, 530
what was that? :eek:

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I play QuakeIII and don't like any quality degradation in my game play. I play everything max with every game I play and this is with the lowerly Radeon 64. The issue is just getting old, ATI will correct this issue I am sure. As for upgrading I have about 2 months before I will even commit myself. Then I may wait until the next major update from Nvidia or from ATI. I will see then. In the mean time I have no Driver problems with my Radeon 64 in WinMe or W2K. DVD works great, 2d is great, 3d game play is good, VideoIn and VideoOut works flawless. Who needs to upgrade?? I wonder why I would, well maybe I will get a game which will be unplayable in the future.

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
to answer in a word....no. i could care less about the quake optimization issue. but it's kinda odd that some people see this issue religiously.
anyways, i wouldnt mind a slight image degradation for a little higher frame rate. if the image quality is unnoticible to the human eye, than who cares. gamers want higher framerate so a small dcrease in image quality for higher framerate shouldnt matter that much.

I don't claim to know anything about everything, I just tell people what I know.
-PSB