ATI Radeon HD 5450 - No sound over HDMI

myswtsins

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2007
Hello. I am trying to hook my PC to my TV through HDMI and although the video is perfect I am not getting any sound on the TV. I am using XP. I have gone to Sound and Audio devices, audio tab and under sound playback it only gives the option of Realtek HD Audio output.

Solution
yeahhhhh.....
i owned that shitty video card too...
i was a noob..didnt know about gfx cards and saw 2 gb of vram on that card at an unbelievably cheap price....
so i picked it...
it wasn't capable of running any game smoothly and even produced HDMI audio problems....
i googled a lot but couldnt find a fix....
even the adapter didnot work......
had to replace it...:(
don't threads the moderators don't care for bumped threads. If I remember correctly you may need to use a hdmi header adapter with the 5000 series cards I think I had to do something like that with one of my cards otherwise normally the dvi to hdmi adapter they provide will carry over the audio signal.

armageddon007

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
yeahhhhh.....
i owned that shitty video card too...
i was a noob..didnt know about gfx cards and saw 2 gb of vram on that card at an unbelievably cheap price....
so i picked it...
it wasn't capable of running any game smoothly and even produced HDMI audio problems....
i googled a lot but couldnt find a fix....
even the adapter didnot work......
had to replace it...:(

Solution

myswtsins

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2007
Thanks for the replies. I am not sure what a HDMI header adapter is and google did not give me any exact matches but I have tried the DVI to HDMI adapter and that did not work either. I think I have to go with armageddon007 on this one and get a better card. This one was only a quick $13 replacement anyways.

TRENDING THREADS