Ati Radeon HD 5750 in a dell xps 400.

Nov 10, 2010
So I've looked everywhere for a video card for my dell xps 400 and finally found the ATI Radeon HD 5750 which I heard should work perfectly on the stock dell 375w psu due to low power consumption. The only problem I heard was that it will be bottlenecked pretty horribly by the processor. Is it still worth getting even with the big loss of performance? And how bi gof a loss would I see?

Nov 10, 2010
Okay, just wanted to make sure before I make any decisions, the 5770 is probably what I will go with now that I am hearing it will work. Another thing though is that insted of a pentium D processor my system info says the processor is just a plain Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHZ.

Nov 10, 2010
I'll take a look. If I just stick with the CPU I have will It handle a 5770. I'd just like to play some of the newer games without having to screw with the internal parts until I get a new computer. Right now I have a Nvidia Geforce 8600GS so I think pretty much any of the newer cards will be a Major upgrade. I was going to buy an xbox 360 but I realized that just upgrading my computer would be cheaper.

Nov 10, 2010
That's what I thought, I read around and everyone says the dell xps 400 was a Pentium D but for whatever reason mine says it is a Pentium 4 and on the front It has the little label saying Pentium 4 HT. It also could have been from someone rigging it before I got it. I found the ATI Radeon HD4670 witch will work with the current PSU. Either way I'm sure a new computer will happen eventually. And yeah I agree both you and him know what your talking about unlike the tons of other people.

Nov 10, 2010
Yeah I just did, my processor is for sure a regular Pentium 4 3.00GZ HT I'm just going to get a Nvidia9800GT or something less than that, If the cpu bottlenecks it alot atleast I can put it in a different system when I get one. I also found out that I can put a pentium D but they use alot of energy and I just don't want to spend all my time on such an old machine.

Nov 10, 2010
Sounds good guys, thanks. For now I will get the HD 4670 as it will give me atleast better than crap performance. I hear I can play most games with it at medium settings but it depends. And yeah my computer has one of the two pin connectors but in this case its pointless.