ati radeon hd5850 after driver update/w 10 doens't play 3d on tv anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

stekun

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
Hi

I have got a problem. I have my dekstop connected to my tv through a hdmi cable and to my monitor through a dvi cable (only possibility on de the graphics card). I have allways watched movies from my desktop using total media theatre/powerdvd 15 on my tv. With no problems. Also watching 3d movies was great. But now i have updated the driver to catalyst 15.7.1 and to windows 10.But now when I want to watch a 3d movie , it plays on the tv but just in normal mode, even if settings are 3d. When I turn on the movie on my pc, it does show in 3d.
Can someone help how to figure out what to do so I can watch my 3d movies again on my tv?

Thanks allready

Slashgeek

Admirable
Solution

stekun

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015

stekun

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
Hi !

Thanks for your help. I have an upgrade installation of windows 10. Did the steps you mentioned and also installed driver 15.8.
But still when I use powerd dvd 14 or 15 , I can play the movie on my pc and enable 3 D but when I play the movie on my tv , it doensn't.
It will show a message when i enable 3d: Multiple displays detected. It is strongly recommended that you only connect one display device when using an hdmi 1.4 3 D output.

I have changed the display resolution froom extended to duplicate, but that still doesn't do the trick. Maybe something to mention is when I go into the catalyst control center and identify my displays, the monitor is 1 and tv is 2. (and that is correct imo). But when I look at this in the windows resolution, it identifies the pc as 2 and tv as 1. Maybe it's nothing, but I wanted to mention it.

I have also tried different movies, but still no 3d on the tv. Normally I get a message from panasonic(tv) to put on my glasses when i play the movie on the tv but that's not happening also.

Do you have any other suggestions for me?

Slashgeek

Admirable

For 3D, try setting the display to external only.

stekun

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.