ATI Radeon LE DDR

G

Okay, I took off the stock heatsink and put on my own... a nice copper + 21cfm delta.... recently I've been getting random lockups *appear to be video card lockups*, I have the heatsink fan rubber banded on top of the chip, with a little artic silver in between, but it probably isnt a tight connection... could my video card just be overheating after 20 mins or so, and locking up? also, my frames per second in quake have been cut in a third!!! could this also be a product of overheating?!?

Old addage: "Users never prosper" :eek:) Long live the tweakers

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I dont know whats up with that. Im using a radio shack pentuim fan with radioshack heat compound. Also dumb a load of artic silver on the chip. i have my fan on it just fine. Next is to put a FOP38 on my i815 chipset and 486 cooling fan on the south bridge.

My p3 broke :*( Well Tualatin is coming :*)

G

I have access to another Radeon LE without the HSF mod, and it was doing the same thing, i loaded a profile in the tweaker and it fixed things I suppose... but framerates in 3dmark are lower now... who knows.... anyone have suggestions for tweaking out the Radeon on an Abit KT7A motherboard?

Old addage: "Users never prosper" :eek:) Long live the tweakers

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
With the newest drivers the default settings after loading appear to be the fastest. Some of the settings in the drivers are dynamic and only used when called upon. To force some of those options to always be on can decrease available band width of the card resulting in decrease performance. Also some of those options are not fully develope in the drivers resulting in conflicts and poor performance. I recommend you stripe your tweaking registry items to default only.