ATI Radeon - TV out

nimrod

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Not sure if I got this right. The 32mb ATI Radeon DDR card does not have a TV output facility. The 32mb ATI Radeon SDR (PCI) and the 64mb ATI Radeon DDR cards do have TV output. I thought that all the cards would support this. Is there any reason why the 32mb DDR version does not provide TV out?

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
To keep the price of the card down I suppose.

=
<font color=green><i>Can't get it to work? Try smacking it with a hammer.</i></font color=green>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think it can be purchased both ways. But I have even better news-you can by a Radeon LE with TV-out (they are available boht ways) and upgrade it to a Radeon DDR 32 simply by upgrading to retail bios! Plus they are only around $75!

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Sorry, I don't know which cards have TV-out, other than the All-in-Wonder. However, I do know the Radeon SDR (PCI) I installed for my friend did not have TV-out. Check the specs carefully before you purchase.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I just ordered an LE myself with TV-OUT. Yes, I'm sure that the difference between the RETAIL and LE is the BIOS, plus the RETAIL includes a fan, but I can mount one myself, so I'll have full retail spec with TV out for under $100. When you buy an LE card you have to make sure you get it with TV-OUT, as they are available both ways. The one I'm getting includes two TV-outputs on the card itslef-an S-Video and a composite. I don't know if they can be used simutaneously. But they can be used in combination with a monitor.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine