ATI Radeon X1550 64-bit

TomLeyton

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Hey all,

I need some help, I have Intel Core2 Duo E6750 with 2GB RAM, my graphic card is ATI Radeon X1550 64-bit, I am experiencing a problem when at random times my screen just goes black for a couple of seconds and then returns to being normal, it doesn't happen when the computer is under a lot of stress, the computer is not used for games at all, mostly office work and some Photoshop \ Illustrator.

I can't pin point to a specific time that it happens, it sometime happen more when I just start to use the computer, I should note that while the computer isn't used it is usually on sleep mode, I also should note that once it happens it usually happens in a row, it usually goes black, returns after 3 seconds, after 3 more goes black and again for around 3 times.

I tried updating the driver but it says my driver is already the most updated one... I tried searching for the problem on the forum and couldn't find anything specific to my problem.

Can anyone please help? Has anyone experienced this?

Thank you,
Tom

TomLeyton

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Hey,

No, it says I have Radeon X1550 64-bit
Provider: ATI Technologies Inc.
Date: 4/25/2009
Version: 8.56.1.16
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

I'll try to install the one you put, I did see it but as it points to Win Vista and I have 7 I wasn't sure if thats one I should install, so I just went along with what Windows decided.

I'll install and update.

Thanks,
Tom

what windows do you have installed? go to the AMD/ATI web site and download the one for your version of windows. I doubt the driver is the problem though. Have you tried another monitor or monitor cable? try another monitor and cable and then look and replacing the gfx card. A low end GFX card to replace that one goes for about $35, so maybe just replace it and see what happens.