Ati to sell half of its company to Nvida???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
personally im gettin tired of it

theres no good discussions anymore. its all just pure shi!t

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new"> I highly recommend you DONT click my signature. Dont say I didnt warn you!1!! </A>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Your mom is trying to get a hold of you. She wants you to come by and pick her up on your skateboard. You know the place.

cleeve

Illustrious
She's behind the local McDonalds, sucking on used Big Mac wrappers.

------------------
Radeon 9500 w/256 bit memory bus @ 367/310
AMD AthlonXP 2000+
3dMark03: 3439

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
Okay. I'm a kid, (16) but I'm not immature. I can talk business when it's legit. But look man, trying to create a flame war just doesn't work very well anymore. Let's start at the beginning. nVidia hasn't been whooping on ATi lately. They haven't for over a year. If you knew anything about modern graphics cards or spent ANY time on this forum since the release of the ATi Radeon 9700 Pro, you'd know this. Anyway, stop with the "you're all immature kids" thing. No adult (or mature person, for that matter) would EVER say that. Why? Think about it. To mindlessly label people is stupid and IMMATURE.

Regardless, ATi has had a very successful series of cards recently, and to sell off "half their company" would be stupid. Besides, just what the hell is half of their company? Companies aren't pies. You can't just take a piece, leaving an unaltered (albeit smaller) whole.

Oh yeah, if you weren't <b>STUPID</b> you would've had a decent link to show us.

These days, no matter what company you like, be it <b>nVidia, ATi, or whatever,</b> no matter how logical your reasons, you're labeled an <b>idiot</b> or a <b>fanboy</b>, or <b>both.</b>

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Business information? I'm assuming that you are actually IN a computer related field if you say that (I can't tell from your posts, I'll say that)

I don't think there is any business information you provided. Business information is two things: 1. measurable - as in you have <b>statistics</b> or <b>information</b> to back it up. i.e providing a link to the information you some how stumbled across (and I have no doubt you stumbled). 2. Plausible - before you go and post something, take a second to look at <b>WHERE</b> you are posting from....B@ngbu$.com is not a valid source for information or news (probably not for Technology but I know we can probably find someone on there with a few McDonalds wrappers in her pockets :D).

Before you decide to [sarcasm]grace the world with you vast knowledge[/sarcasm] and post anything, make sure it is plausible aka likely to be true or even containing a widget of the truth. By posting whimsical nonsense you make yourself out to be an illiterate, unread, babbling glass licker that rides the short bus everywhere you go...so don't do that, ok Slingblade?

PS: Is your mom or dad dating anyone right now?

<font color=blue>Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals... except the weasel. </font color=blue>
<font color=green>Homer Simpson</font color=green>

TKS