Ati vs Nvidia card question???

I got to make a choise from a ati 9800pro vs a fx5900xt and i would
love to know four thing.

1. Witch one of these two card performe better.
ps: i know that it a little bit strange to ask in here.

2. i got a psu 300watt supposedly a hidh quality one. And i would love
to know if it gone a handle these card?

3. i dont know if i got the extra connector to power up these card or
if it come with the video card or not.

4.does the motherboard has that particular connector to power up the
videocard, i got an asus a7n8x-x rev2 nf2

plus i got a xp2600 333
2 hard drive and 2 cd-rom.

no add on card (pci)

DreamMaker wrote:

>I got to make a choise from a ati 9800pro vs a fx5900xt and i would
>love to know four thing.
>
>1. Witch one of these two card performe better.
>ps: i know that it a little bit strange to ask in here.

9800 pro

>2. i got a psu 300watt supposedly a hidh quality one. And i would love
>to know if it gone a handle these card?

it may, but you have two hard drive, etc; try it, if you have
issues raise the AGP slot voltage to 1.6, if still problems get a new
power supply

>3. i dont know if i got the extra connector to power up these card or
>if it come with the video card or not.

should come with the card

>4.does the motherboard has that particular connector to power up the
>videocard, i got an asus a7n8x-x rev2 nf2

power comes directly from power supply

>plus i got a xp2600 333
>2 hard drive and 2 cd-rom.
>
>no add on card (pci)

which, not witch

Your power supply is too small for that hardware combination.

--
DaveW

"DreamMaker" <onesuponatime@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

> I got to make a choise from a ati 9800pro vs a fx5900xt and i would
> love to know four thing.
>
> 1. Witch one of these two card performe better.
> ps: i know that it a little bit strange to ask in here.
>
> 2. i got a psu 300watt supposedly a hidh quality one. And i would love
> to know if it gone a handle these card?
>
> 3. i dont know if i got the extra connector to power up these card or
> if it come with the video card or not.
>
> 4.does the motherboard has that particular connector to power up the
> videocard, i got an asus a7n8x-x rev2 nf2
>
> plus i got a xp2600 333
> 2 hard drive and 2 cd-rom.
>
> no add on card (pci)

blah

"DreamMaker" <onesuponatime@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

> I got to make a choise from a ati 9800pro vs a fx5900xt and i would
> love to know four thing.
>
> 1. Witch one of these two card performe better.
> ps: i know that it a little bit strange to ask in here.

Check out Tom's Hardware testing, probably others - try Googling
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

> 2. i got a psu 300watt supposedly a hidh quality one. And i would love
> to know if it gone a handle these card?

Work it out;
http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

> 3. i dont know if i got the extra connector to power up these card or
> if it come with the video card or not.

Most cards probably will come with a power splitter, but it is a generic
cable used to split HDD power supplies, so any one will do.

> 4.does the motherboard has that particular connector to power up the
> videocard, i got an asus a7n8x-x rev2 nf2

As above...(if you are asking what I think you are.)

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 13:42:28 -0400, farmuse <nonofurbiz@blahblah.net>
wrote:

>DreamMaker wrote:
>
>>I got to make a choise from a ati 9800pro vs a fx5900xt and i would
>>love to know four thing.
>>
>>1. Witch one of these two card performe better.
>>ps: i know that it a little bit strange to ask in here.
>>

> 9800 pro

ATI ist not the answer. ATI ist the question. YES is the answer.

SCNR,
-Hubert