ATI X800XT Vs GF6800 Ultra first benchmark !

"Dude" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
| ATI wins in directx9 games....

a link to the test results would be nice :)

Mal
--
Of course everything is in the last place you look!
Why would you find it and keep on looking??!

Mal left a note on my windscreen which said:

> | ATI wins in directx9 games....
> |

> a link to the test results would be nice :)

He may be referring to these;

http://www.popclone.com/leakedx800bench/

Which could be real or fake.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

Ryan

Stoneskin wrote:
> Mal left a note on my windscreen which said:
>

>>| ATI wins in directx9 games....
>>|

>>a link to the test results would be nice :)
>

> He may be referring to these;
>
> http://www.popclone.com/leakedx800bench/
>
> Which could be real or fake.
for most of them it's preety close, and considering that the 6800 should
be out first i think that it's going to do well, better than last generation

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Ryan" <ryan5001sk8@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Stoneskin wrote:

> >>a link to the test results would be nice :)
> >

> > He may be referring to these;
> >
> > http://www.popclone.com/leakedx800bench/
> >
> > Which could be real or fake.
> for most of them it's preety close, and considering that the 6800 should
> be out first i think that it's going to do well, better than last
generation

Only it won't be out first. X800 Pro's are in the shops this week.

Chip.

Ryan

Chip wrote:
> "Ryan" <ryan5001sk8@verizon.net> wrote in message
>
>>Stoneskin wrote:

>>>He may be referring to these;
>>>
>>>http://www.popclone.com/leakedx800bench/
>>>
>>>Which could be real or fake.
>>
>>for most of them it's preety close, and considering that the 6800 should
>>be out first i think that it's going to do well, better than last
>
> generation
>
> Only it won't be out first. X800 Pro's are in the shops this week.
>
> Chip.

wow, i thought it was going to take a while longer, considering there
really havent been any pictures that are official.

Ryan <ryan5001sk8@verizon.net> wrote in

> for most of them it's preety close, and considering that the 6800 should
> be out first i think that it's going to do well, better than last
> generation

I think your guess is right. For most things they'll be close. For any
specific game or benchmark that shows one far better than the other, it will
come down to how much effort the developer put into tuning for one vs the
other, and how well the driver was optimized for that game or benchmark.

So in the end, it will be who has the best driver and developer support for a
specific game or application.

On Tue, 4 May 2004 07:20:25 +0100, "Mal" <not.even@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Dude" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>| ATI wins in directx9 games....
>|

>a link to the test results would be nice :)

www.anandtech.com

And as usual, ATI looses in OPenGL. But all cards are good from both
companies... But the ATI uses far less power and space.

Remember: In the USA - it is illegal to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called.

15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.

God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.