Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hello I have the ati Rage Fury Pro. I know weak card but I had no choice. BestBuy did not have the Radon. and I was running a diamond stealth4 megs. My tnt2 card would not work on my system or the g450. Hardware conflict.

Now here is the question I know with tnt2 32 megs it had a program that would use half my computer Ram. for it speed which on the p2 300 that with 386 megs that was alot. Now I want to do it with the ATI card. give it half mybe more of my ram
I have 768 megs of ram My computer ues about 200 megs. Playing games or not I would like to give it 500 megs for my video card. I m getting about 50fps on descent 3 max out.

Here my system
Amd athlon 700 Classic
768 megs of ram pc133 7ns
Rage fury Pro
Sound blaster live
dual ide 13 and 20 gig cdrom and cdrw 32 megs.
scsi 3 card with 13 9 gig hard drives.

I know strange setup. But I will be upgrading the cpu to 1.3 amd athlon thunderbird.

So I m looking for a program that will supply my rage fury pro with more ram?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, I know of no programs at the moment that will majically make RAM appear on your video card-maybe you need one of those star-trek replicators, but that would be hardware anyway. As for the other cards not working, it was simply a matter of system configuration (software), not the parts themselves. You should have tried harder to figure it out. You know the rules for VIA chipsets, set BIOS to configuer the cards instead of the OS, with an IRQ assigned in BIOS for video, then go into windows, leave the dirvers for the video card uninstalled, load the latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers, restart the computer, then run the settup program for your video card or manually install the drivers, then pray.

Suicide is painless...........

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
sounds like you need to go into your bios and set the aperature (I beleive it is called). I think it will only go up to 256 (or may that's mine because I have 256 total).

<b><A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com/" target="_new">How fast is your PC</A></b>

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have already done that it only gose to 128 megs. What funny is Tnt2 32 megs can do it. And to aswer the frist person question. It was a mother board and video card conflict. Not software for the tnt2. For the g450 that was softwere. Now I m looking into windramturbo. I have it useing 45% of my ram. and my memory load is 30% and swap filed used is 161/1,409mb free. befor it was useing 25% of my ram. and my 50 fps gone up to 60fps. if I max it out to much the game gets jumpy.

I m going to talk to the company that made this program and see what they think.