Ati2dvag blue screen in game

Demoman Dawkins

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
I seem to have a problem only when playing games, which seems to have arisen from nowhere, as my computer's been working fine for a long time now.

Basically, I can open and play a game for x amount of minutes/hours before it'll randomly freeze and blue screen. I disabled VPU recovery, which beforehand reset the graphics card without the BSOD, but still resulted in a game crash.

My specs are:

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition
2GB DDR3 ram
Radeon HD 57540 1GB

I've tried completely uninstalling the current drivers and then re-installing them, as well as rolling back to an older version. No luck however. The BSOD did become more sporadic though, which I suppose is even more annoying.

What else can I do?

What message did u got when BSOD appears?

It could be dumping memory, which mean your ram is in trouble.
Or it can be your driver...
Did u try the latest one? If it doesn't work then u might want to try the older version...

vimal992

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
first unistall the ati drivers and remove the graphic card from your system......then restart ur system and install the VGA driver from your motherboard....now go to your motherboard website and download a newer version of bios for your motherboard..........install it and updae your bios to a newer version.......if u do not find a newer version just reinstall the same version again.....now insert your graphic card and install the drivers for that.....this worked for me and hope it does for u too..

G

I had the same problem with my Dell, which is also ancient. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the drivers, and nothing worked. I saw on another forum that the ati2dvag infinite loop problem might be caused by overheating, so I opened my case, removed my video card, and cleaned up the onboard fan. I also moved my wireless card down a few slots to allow for better airflow to my video card, just in case. I've now been running for 3 days without a crash, after a week of crashing every 5 to 10 mins. In my case, at least, overheating seemed to have been the problem.