atikmdag.sys error BSOD at Startup GPU BIOS Update

Brascoboy

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014
Hi, I need your help. I updated my gpu bios and rebooted computer to get a BSOD at Windows logo. I tried and tried again only to get same result. I switched my gpus(xfx r9 270x crossfired) and was able to load windows but with no gpu drivers or support. i then updated drivers and rebooted to only get same result. so basically i can't utilize my gpus while running windows(7 Home Premium). I don't know what to do. I basically have a computer not using the gpus. and if i update the drivers is crashes at startup with the atikmdad.sys. error.
My Specs:
MB: Asus m5a99x evo
Gpu: Radeon r9 270x(x2)
ssd: samsung 840

Please Help me. I don't know what else to do here.

Brascoboy

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014

Im not sure how to take all that information. It doesn't to click with me.I went into the bios and the only bios info i see, is for the motherboard, not the gpu. so the gpu bios file i used to flash the bios was xfx.r9270x.2048.140213.rom
By the way, I took out both gpus, then put the secondary gpu you in by itself and it seems fine the gpu bios is still the same version as before i flashed it. so i guess it only flashed the primary gpu's bios. I don't know how to fix that gpu to work again.

TRENDING THREADS