• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Atikmpag.sys, Atikmdas.sys BSOD, screen artifacts, and more!

Lumix

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Hello,
Im using a Radeon HD Mobility 4870
Well, ill start section one
1: Atikmpag, and Atikmdas, Both of these files take turns on bluescreening my laptop, These are related to the graphics cards drivers, If i delete them, then i can load windows normally, But the graphics card wont load.

2: Screen artifacts.
If i boot the computer without the graphics card drivers, or in safemode [The only ways i can boot it] I have blue lines up an down the screen, I used to have white lines across the screen and blue dots everywhere. Also: This is on an external monitor, my laptops screen decided to stop functioning as soon as this issue started.

and last but not least
3: My graphics card.
I cannot get it to work.
The only way i can boot the laptop is with the card not booting itsself, other wise i get a blue screen.

This rules out Furmark tests, ATI tool tests, ect.

I have reformatted.
Updated my drivers
Uninstalled all drivers,
Reinstalled again, [x5]
Changed the voltage settings in Bios, Removed the RAM and swapped it around.

cleaned out the computers fans.

I have ran out of ideas.
ill post a link to a recent BSOD minidump.
www.2shared.com/file/K8XaJ5Ly/BSOD_DUMP.html

Lumix

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Alienware m17x-r2

If it is a heat problem, Than its because of previous times it was hot,

Now, it's bad on a fresh start in the morning.

If it is a hardware issue, Is there anything that can be done short of replacing the card?

Ill be getting a new computer around september, i want it to hold out that long.

COLGeek

Titan
You can try blowing out the fan intake and exhaust ports (system powered off) with a can of compressed air.

You can also take the system apart and clean the old and apply new thermal compound.

Otherwise, you should only run a stock speeds. Not too many other viable options.