ATIMax Progress

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Well, I've worked a bit more on ATIMax. I've found that making a program that automatically deletes all traces of ATI drivers isn't as easy as it seems. It's not as simple as search for all registry entires and files with "ATI" in them. That's just too risky and won't delete all the files/entries. What I'm doing now is searching for actual files/entires that are known to be created by ATI drivers. So far I have over 193 files that it searches for. I'll have more screenshots ASAP. Due to the new unified nature of the ATI drivers, ATIMax should now work on all ATI graphics cards.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Bravo, AMD_Man! Bravo! If you accomplish this you will have the gratitude of many Radeon 8500 users (me included). Perhaps there's an opening at ATI?

I can't think of a good signature so I'll use this one.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I have no experience with driver development, lol. I'm just an amateur.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
if you ever do get the job...you wouldnt have to drive (err...you're 15...umm...ride your bike??) very far :wink:

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Actually, I don't live that far away from their headquaraters. About 10 min by car...

I can either take a bus, or ride my bike, hehe.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Should be interesting. I manualy worked on deleting several of the ATI files, and found that Windows XP wouldn't let me delete some of them. Might be interesting to see how you get around that.

Bad trolls Bad trolls... Whacha gonna do... Whacha gonna do when they post here too...

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Should be interesting. I manualy worked on deleting several of the ATI files, and found that Windows XP wouldn't let me delete some of them. Might be interesting to see how you get around that.
It's easy. Any files ATIMax can't delete during the Windows Session will be written in the file Wininit.ini. Wininit.ini is processed by Windows during the booting and so I can ensure that the files get deleted.

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Very clever AMD_Man, I hope your program works flawlessly so that everyone updating drivers can have a few less head aches. Not to mention it'd be cool for a toms hardware regular to do something big for the entire enthusiest community. Good luck and keep up the good work.

If my response is brief and vague its because the info you provided is too!