ATL71.dll vs ANSI version

I have just installed Logitech' Webcam Express, running on Windows 98 SE.
Camera works fine, but post-installation, the following message appears
whenever I start an application, or drag down the "File" menu (in IE, Windows
Explorer):

"Cannot run Unicode version of ATL71.dll on Windows 95, Windows 98 or
Windows ME. Please intall the ANSI version."

Can someone tell me what this is about, and how do I go about installing the
ANSI version?

Thanks.

You are not the only one with this problem.

Go to Http://www.logitech.com. Click Support, then User Discussion Forums.
In the Ask a question box, type: atl71.dll and click Ask. See the thread
"Trouble installing latest QuickCam driver 8.4.1 on Windows ME. There is a
link to the file plus discussion on replacing the file on your system.

PattyL

"Edward Wong" <Edward Wong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just installed Logitech' Webcam Express, running on Windows 98 SE.
> Camera works fine, but post-installation, the following message appears
> whenever I start an application, or drag down the "File" menu (in IE,
> Windows
> Explorer):
>
> "Cannot run Unicode version of ATL71.dll on Windows 95, Windows 98 or
> Windows ME. Please intall the ANSI version."
>
> Can someone tell me what this is about, and how do I go about installing
> the
> ANSI version?
>
> Thanks.

Thanks for the directions Patty. Much appreciated.

"PattyL" wrote:

> You are not the only one with this problem.
>
> Go to Http://www.logitech.com. Click Support, then User Discussion Forums.
> In the Ask a question box, type: atl71.dll and click Ask. See the thread
> "Trouble installing latest QuickCam driver 8.4.1 on Windows ME. There is a
> link to the file plus discussion on replacing the file on your system.
>
> PattyL
>

> "Edward Wong" <Edward Wong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have just installed Logitech' Webcam Express, running on Windows 98 SE.
> > Camera works fine, but post-installation, the following message appears
> > whenever I start an application, or drag down the "File" menu (in IE,
> > Windows
> > Explorer):
> >
> > "Cannot run Unicode version of ATL71.dll on Windows 95, Windows 98 or
> > Windows ME. Please intall the ANSI version."
> >
> > Can someone tell me what this is about, and how do I go about installing
> > the
> > ANSI version?
> >
> > Thanks.

You are very welcome!