Atom X5 Z8300 Cherry Trail GPU/Intel HD Windows 10 64 drivers..where/which?

tarmiricmi

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2015
Hello,
I have a mini pc chinese system called Cenovo Mini PC 2, with Cherry Trail Atom Z8300 CPU/GPU on board. PC comes with the Windows 10 Home 64bit preinstalled.

GPU driver is having some issues, which are random freezes of the system (I have successfully tested all other components).

When I use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), and remove the driver, system is stable and runs fine without freezing (however with only the basic GPU capabilities).

Manufacturer (cenovo.net) does not provide the drivers on their site nor has virtually any product support (at least for the my inquiries), so Intel HD drivers are only possible to be used. Intel Driver Update Utility points me to Braswell drivers for N systems (whatever that may be):

With those drivers clean installed, it freezes. I have also tried Windows Update, which installs drivers automatically which are also not good (freezing). Other than that, I have used Driver Booster 3 (3rd party for automatic scan and update of drivers) - and it is pointing me to the same drivers as a Intel Driver Update Utility (which are not good).

I examined that drivers and it states that they are for various Intel Celeron and Pentium N processors (so called Braswell). There are no specifically Intel Atom drivers. I had to disable Windows Updates because Windows automatically downloads and installs the drivers which are no good. Other than that, PC runs fine and is really capable (4 GB / 64 GB eMMC) for a light user (silent, fanless PC).

Any suggestions?

tarmiricmi

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2015

Unfortunately 32bit drivers are not suitable to a 64bit OS

Ridolph

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
Any luck on the 64 bit drivers?

tarmiricmi

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2015
It was a hardware fault. The unit started to mess-up the display even outside operating system, for instance during booting. So I trash-canned it.

Ridolph

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
I'm really looking for the drivers to redo a generic (Wintel Pro) Chinese system that came hacked and probably botted. Did you find any?

[Update] I found quite a few of the 64-bit Intel drivers as part of the Meegopad T07/T04 driver package. But I still need the Wireless driver, and the SD Card driver (which strangely doesn't work). Appreciate any assistance.