Could anyone help when I start up MSN messenger it automaticly tries to sign
in I wouldn't mind but it's not even my e-mail address it tries to sign in to
and because the password hasn't been entered it says it can't sign in could
any one help in stopping this problem many thanks for your help.

To remove that Passport account from showing up, click Start menu -->
Settings --> Control Panel --> User Accounts, click on your username, and in
the box marked "related tasks", click "Manage my network passwords". Find
the email address you don't want and click to remove it. If none are listed
and it's still appearing in Messenger, click to remove the PassPort.net
account.

Michael Katz
[Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
"There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
http://msmvps.com/msntral

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"stuart271180" <stuart271180@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could anyone help when I start up MSN messenger it automaticly tries to
> sign
> in I wouldn't mind but it's not even my e-mail address it tries to sign in
> and because the password hasn't been entered it says it can't sign in
> could
> any one help in stopping this problem many thanks for your help.

Hi,

Actually you just remove the Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry, the others are redundant.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Michael Katz [MVP]" <michaelk[AT]mvps.org> wrote in message
> To remove that Passport account from showing up, click Start menu --> Settings --> Control
> Panel --> User Accounts, click on your username, and in the box marked "related tasks",
> click "Manage my network passwords". Find the email address you don't want and click to
> remove it. If none are listed and it's still appearing in Messenger, click to remove the
> PassPort.net account.

> Michael Katz
> [Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
> "There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
> http://msmvps.com/msntral
>
> This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>

> "stuart271180" <stuart271180@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Could anyone help when I start up MSN messenger it automaticly tries to sign
>> in I wouldn't mind but it's not even my e-mail address it tries to sign in to
>> and because the password hasn't been entered it says it can't sign in could
>> any one help in stopping this problem many thanks for your help.

Are they? Why are 2 Passport entries made then? I was always curious...

> Hi,
>
> Actually you just remove the Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry, the others
> are redundant.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Michael Katz [MVP]" <michaelk[AT]mvps.org> wrote in message
>> To remove that Passport account from showing up, click Start menu -->
>> Settings --> Control Panel --> User Accounts, click on your username, and
>> in the box marked "related tasks", click "Manage my network passwords".
>> Find the email address you don't want and click to remove it. If none are
>> listed and it's still appearing in Messenger, click to remove the
>> PassPort.net account.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Katz
>> [Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
>> "There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
>> http://msmvps.com/msntral
>>
>> This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>>

>> "stuart271180" <stuart271180@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Could anyone help when I start up MSN messenger it automaticly tries to
>>> sign
>>> in I wouldn't mind but it's not even my e-mail address it tries to sign
>>> in to
>>> and because the password hasn't been entered it says it can't sign in
>>> could
>>> any one help in stopping this problem many thanks for your help.

I think it's where my sisters have been bringing there friends back and they
have been using their msn but of course its just stayed on the drop down menu
hope I have been of some help.

"Michael Katz [MVP]" wrote:

> Are they? Why are 2 Passport entries made then? I was always curious...

> Michael Katz
> [Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
> "There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
> http://msmvps.com/msntral
>
> This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>

> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Actually you just remove the Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry, the others
> > are redundant.
> > Jonathan Kay
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
> > Associate Expert
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> > Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
> > You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
> >
> > "Michael Katz [MVP]" <michaelk[AT]mvps.org> wrote in message
> >> To remove that Passport account from showing up, click Start menu -->
> >> Settings --> Control Panel --> User Accounts, click on your username, and
> >> in the box marked "related tasks", click "Manage my network passwords".
> >> Find the email address you don't want and click to remove it. If none are
> >> listed and it's still appearing in Messenger, click to remove the
> >> PassPort.net account.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Michael Katz
> >> [Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
> >> "There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
> >> http://msmvps.com/msntral
> >>
> >> This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
> >> rights.
> >>

> >> "stuart271180" <stuart271180@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

heh, it's come full circle. I help you, Jon helps me and you help me too.
Thanks.