News Atomic nuclear bomb launch button lets you power your PC on or off — Evangelion-themed wireless power button is cool and convenient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
I don't know how to feel about a wireless power button.

The concept is great though, especially if you live in a place where no one can get within wireless range. It would suck for those that use a dedicated sound card and a graphics card, though that's a very small number of people.

Luckily, it's a small PCIe x1 add-in card, measuring 39.3 x 37.25 cm, so it's not overly intrusive and demanding on bandwidth.

The problem comes in where motherboards with only 2 PCIe slots (such as mATX boards) can only operate at x8/x8, or full ATX boards where the third and fourth PCIe slots are disabled if you use an NVMe drive, so this can indeed become quite intrusive and demanding on bandwidth.

You are not buying this for practicality, you are buying it for all the rest. As a fan, of the series, I think I will grab one.

It is nothing more than a conversation piece. I am not sure why, but Evangelion just got back on the map, it is as hot as it can be.

Anyway, my next built will be themed in consequence with Asuka. I guess you need to fill those stupid Aquarium they call PC cases nowadays...

Last edited:

Mindstab Thrull

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2014
Up until Windows 10 (and starting with Windows 98SE), I have two shortcuts on my computer to shut down or restart the computer - one for each. I also have my BIOS set up to put the computer in the last stage it was in when it gets power - if it was on when it last had power, start the computer up. So for someone like me, this is just a random piece of cool, but for a lot of people, it's a lot more convenient - and fun!
(Incidentally, the shortcut doesn't seem to work with Windows 11, or maybe it just needs tweaking. Time to find out!)

Mindstab Thrull
Nomming ur sanities since 1867 BSE (before the Sarpadian Empires)

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
How about igniting a fuse to a stick of dynamite... for us old fashioned folks??

Or even this one....:cool:

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.