[SOLVED] Attach magnetic dust filter on psu.

AdiMalikul

Reputable
Jun 22, 2018
Hello there, I'm gonna reuse my old case that's used on my old rig. But the acrylic got smashed up by me stupidly hitting it with my leg while gaming. I'm worried about the psu building up dust like my old psu. Can I a attach magnetic dust filter on psu and the airflow will be the same? My case is is a elite 310.

Last edited:
Solution
It all depends on how dusty your environment is. If you're worried about getting your PSU dusty, open the case twice every month to inspect it. Always use compressed air to clean the PSU and not a vacuum, as a vacuum creates static electricity.

As for the dust filter, as long as it does not restrict too much air flow, you should be fine. Be sure the filter is on the intake and not on the back of the unit. Here are some examples that don't restrict air flow, but still keep some dust out of the PSU.

Example 1
Example 2

mangaman

Honorable
It all depends on how dusty your environment is. If you're worried about getting your PSU dusty, open the case twice every month to inspect it. Always use compressed air to clean the PSU and not a vacuum, as a vacuum creates static electricity.

As for the dust filter, as long as it does not restrict too much air flow, you should be fine. Be sure the filter is on the intake and not on the back of the unit. Here are some examples that don't restrict air flow, but still keep some dust out of the PSU.

Example 1
Example 2

Solution

AdiMalikul

Reputable
Jun 22, 2018

Example 1
Example 2

Ok thanks. I also forget that the elite 310 psu placement is at the top instead of the bottom.