Attaching scanned Tif files to a Fax in Windows XP Home

I send very few faxes but when I do I would like to attach TIF image files to
say a Word Document - i.e. yesterday I wanted to send a letter to a company
with a copy of a scanned quotation. On my old IBM PC [6 years old] I had a
RingCentral Fax utility which would let you do this but the Fax Utility with
XP Home has no file attachment facility. Ring Central software nowadays
focuses on faxing via the internet paid for by a monthly subscription. This
is over the top for my requirements ....but I do want to attach TIF files.

Anybody know if and how this is possible, please

You can print the tif file to the fax printer (A Fax printer will be
available in your 'Printers and Faxes' folder when you have fax installed)
and walk through the Send wizard thus opened to send a Tif file as Fax.

Cheers,
Naresh Chandrasekaran,

purposes only.

"Adrian Stephenson" <AdrianStephenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in