attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed please help

Smothdude

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
I have had my PC for 2 years and never has this problem occurred.
I have a FX-8350 CPU with an 7970ghz edition. I have not over clocked anything and everything stays at relatively low temperatures. This just happened today with dota2.

Solution
If you recently updated the graphics driver, roll it back to the previous version (unless you uninstalled it, in which case there will be no "roll back" option in Device Manager).

If you didn't recently update the driver, remove and reinstall it. If that doesn't help, update it.
If you recently updated the graphics driver, roll it back to the previous version (unless you uninstalled it, in which case there will be no "roll back" option in Device Manager).

If you didn't recently update the driver, remove and reinstall it. If that doesn't help, update it.

Solution

Smothdude

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

I did that yesterday after the blue screen as it was the first thing that crossed my mind after this happened. I did so, but I also turned on my ceiling fan really high. Is there a way to see if the reason I bsod was because of my GPU getting too hot? It's been a while since I dusted it, so that may be the problem.