Question Attempted a small OC, now I'm getting BSOD when playing games.

NumbrXerr0

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 25, 2015
GPU: RTX 2080
CPU: i9 9900k
RAM: Corsair DDR4 32GB

This is a bit of a strange situation. I installed EVGA Precision X1 and ran the OC test to see what my PC could handle. It gave me a +78, so I added that to the clock and maxed out the power and temps like everyone says to do. I played stuff all night with no issues and went to bed. I woke up this morning and now everything I play will crash to a BSOD with error code "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" after a few minutes of play.

I went back into X1 and set everything to default but it STILL crashes. I've always had my RAM and CPU clocked through the BIOS with XMP and AI well before this OC attempt, but I even removed those as well. My PC is up to date, so are drivers and my temps are just fine. Everything is back to default and yet I can't play anything without that error. How do I even begin to diagnose this?

Is there a way to "factory reset" my GPU or something? X1 shows its all default..but it only happened after changing the clocks. So I feel like it must be related somehow..

NumbrXerr0

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 25, 2015
I would uninstall X1 and reset your BIOS if you haven't done that already.
I'll give it a shot. It actually happened twice now, when not even playing a game. Once when I tried to underclock to see if it helps and once when I plugged in a USB. Both times it completely locked up my PC and forced a restart.

NumbrXerr0

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 25, 2015
Ok, so its been a few days, but I've narrowed it down to my Xbox One controller strangely enough. I can play games all damn day, overclocked as much as I want and it will never crash. But a few minutes after turning on my controller is when I get the BSOD. Its a first party Xbox One controller connected through the first party wireless USB adapter. I've used it for years now and never had an issue until now. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the controller drives but its no good. Its strange too because sometimes the controller still works..

NumbrXerr0

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 25, 2015
Nope, that made it 100% worse. I removed all traces of my controller and now my PC is in a BSOD loop. I've gotten so many stop code errors, I don't know what happened.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

These happen at random intervals, sometimes one after another. Just constant BSODs now. How do I begin to fix this?