Attempting to play games on TV through HDMI - GTX 1070 - Blurry Text

drwhykk

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Hello all,

I've read a few threads on the forums of people with same issue and tried their solutions/results to no avail. I apologize if this has been answered before.

I got my GTX 1070 last night and I'm attempting to play some of my games on the TV via HDMI cable (They are right next to each other). The problem I have is that on my TV all the text and icons look blurry making it very difficult to get anything done.

Is this to be expected due to the size of TV? Or should it perform flawlessly like any other monitor?

TV: Vizion E420VL - 120Hz, 1080p
GPU: GTX 1070

Solution
It's truly a 1080 P TV at... 24 frames (TV movies etc)... with a PC input it drops to 1080i , so yeah it's truly a 1080p TV.. TV TV.. as a monitor, it's 1080i.

Nothing you change will stop that blury bleah feeling you get from 1080i

Mark RM

Admirable
It's because it's a TV and it's not really 120 Hz... it's submitting a copy of the previous frame to make it look "smoother" as TV's are designed for a certain amount of persistence. It's called "dejudder" on this TV's menus.

Anyhow, once this TV connects to a 60Hz signal from your HDMI or VGA cables from your video card, it can only do 1080 i <------ (notice the i).... so the blurriness is caused by the interlacing combined with a low resolution on such a large screen.

drwhykk

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

Is the dejudder something I can turn off or is the fact that the TV is 1080i make it so it will never run the games crisply? Is there a workaround or am I stuck using my monitors?

Thanks!

Mark RM

Admirable
It's truly a 1080 P TV at... 24 frames (TV movies etc)... with a PC input it drops to 1080i , so yeah it's truly a 1080p TV.. TV TV.. as a monitor, it's 1080i.

Nothing you change will stop that blury bleah feeling you get from 1080i

Solution