[SOLVED] Attempting to recover files off of my old SSD, device not showing up under "This PC"

Apr 23, 2020
Hi there, I have been struggling with an issue the last couple of days attempting to recover the files off of my old SSD from my previous desktop. The device is a Seagate Barracude, Model Number ST2000DM001

About half a year ago, I had noticed my desktop was getting really slow, to the point where it was almost unusable. At that point, it had been about 4 years old and was still running on Windows 7, so I figured I'd try to upgrade my windows and see if that improved things at all. After the upgrade, it seemed almost like the system was incompatible (I know that's not the case, but it's how it felt) with the windows update because things were just not working properly at all. I downgraded back to Windows 7, but it was still painfully slow to the point that I just could not use the system anymore, so I ordered a new desktop and decided I would just pull the files off later.

About half a year goes by, and I finally order a "Sabrent USB 3.0 to SSD / 2.5-Inch SATA Hard Drive Adapter [Optimized For SSD] " from Walmart to try and recover the files off my device. When I attach the cable to my device and connect it to the desktop, I notice that it does not show up as a drive under "This PC". When I go to "Device Manager", it does show up under "Disk drives" as "SABRENT SCSI Disk Device" and when I load up Disk Management, I receive a notice that I must initialize a disk before Logical Disk Manager can access it. From searching around other forums and forum posts, I've seen that doing this initialization would cause me to lose the data on my hard drive similar to when formatting one.

I've attempted downloading software such as "Wondershare Recoverit" and "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard", but my device does not seem to show up in either of these programs when I run them.

Is there anything I can do in order to recover the files off my hard drive that does not require erasing the data? Did I make a blunder and purchase the wrong product for trying to get files off my device? Any and all advice is appreciated.