Question Attempting to upgrade Win 7 to 10, getting err msg "This PC can't be upgraded to Win 10" - help!

I'm attempting to help a friend upgrade a Toshiba laptop from Windows 7 to 10 and am getting this message "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10" with no additional clues why. I've done a Google search and found a number of things that don't help, so I'm looking for any help I can get.

There are no external devices attached, and no SD cards. The Toshiba laptop was purchased new a few years ago; it came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel I3 CPU, and 4 GB RAM. There have been no games installed besides the ones that came with the laptop (MS Solitaire, etc). There has been no tinkering with the system; this laptop belongs to an elderly couple in their 80s who just use it for Internet related things. I used the Media Creation tool to create a Windows 10 ISO on a DVD and used that to attempt the upgrade. I'd just used that same DVD to upgrade two desktops from 7 to 10, but on this laptop it gives this error message. I tried copying the ISO to the C: drive to attempt circumvention, but it made no difference - I got the same error message.

I have the log files SETUPACT.LOG and SETUPERR.LOG I can post if that would help.
Host system information:
VM: NO
Firmware type: PCAT
Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
Model : Satellite C55-B
BIOS name : BIOS Date: 11/28/14 00:00:00 Ver: 04.06.05
BIOS version : 1.30
BIOS release date : 20141128000000.000000+000
Total memory : 4294967296
Number of physical CPUs : 1
Number of logical CPUs : 4
Processor manufacturer : GenuineIntel
Processor name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Processor caption : Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor architecture : x64
Processor clock : 1801

So while other posts I've found point to games and external devices attached, this is not the case in this situation, so I'm in need of additional help. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated! TIA.

Use the Windows update advisor to test if the laptop can run Win10. There were some laptops that could NOT run Win10, usually because they had hardware that required special drivers that are not available for Win10. Also Micro$oft would only support Win10 on certain levels of hardware.

instead of creating a installation media disc have you tried the Upgrade this PC now option in the media creation tool . If there is an issue it will normally tell you in there what it is and how to fix it.
That's a good suggestion. Next time I go to these people's house, I'll try that. If that doesn't work, I'm going to partition the hard drive and try a fresh install in the new partition. Maybe one of these two ideas will work - it's worth trying.