ATTN: Kelledin and Ncogneto

G

I also have a fop 32 on my 1ghz axia @ 1200. HOwever my temps seem to be much higher then 40c. THe other day i came out of playing some games and saw the temp @ 51. I have good airflow through the case and the mb temp is always 1 or 2 degrees higher then my room temp. Idle temps are around 45. WHy are my temps so much higher then yours??

THe only thing i can think of is that my room temp is 28c.
Also when you said your temp was 40 was that at load?
What else can i do??

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Mine is 40 at idle. At full load it climbs to about 46-48 degrees.

The room being 28 C would have a good bit to do with it. My room temperature is about 20 C, and my case temperature stays at about 22-23 C. Once, when our A/C wasn't holding up well, and the Texas heat was relentless, my room temperature reached about 30 C--and then the T-bird would idle at 50 and peak at 57. So your temperatures sound about right; you'll need to get your room a little cooler to get the CPU temperatures lower.

By the way, 28 C sounds rather uncomfortable for humans...

Kelledin

bash-2.04$ kill -9 1
init: Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yes are you sure your room temperature is 28 degrees celcius? That would equate to roughly 82.5 degrees F... wow! Under those circumstnaces I would say that your cpu temp is not that bad at all. I see you are overcloking as well...what voltage are you running at? Increasing your voltage will increase your cpu's operating temperature as well. Also, By what means are you measuring all your temperatures with? Different Motherboard's monitoring software/hardware are more for a point of reference for your system and not easily compared to those of a different type.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

G

Ya the air conditioning wasnt on and it got pretty dam hot!! i am currently running stock 1.74 voltage and am using standard thermal paste that a buddy got for me from xerox. The weather has gotten cooler and my room temp is now 22c in my room according to my thermometer on my desk.

My temps are now 41 idle and 46 load. Do you guys think it would make a difference mounting a 80mm on the fop hs?? Logically thinking most of the fans wind would be not hitting the hs and the hottest part of the hs would have the fans large dead center which blows nothing!