ATX 12V issue

wibbed

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
Whenever i plug in the 4+4 ATX 12V cpu cable into the motherboard, my graphic card fan starts getting really loud until the pc shuts down 10 seconds later. If i remove the cable it runs without issues. Any ideas what it might be causing this?

I have been trying with 2 different power supplies and 2 different graphic cards without progress.

Solution
There's something wrong here. I can't really test the cable pinout over the internet, but the plastic housings for the pins on the CPU cable (at least the end in the picture) are not shaped correctly. In fact, it doesn't match any spec I'm aware of. Are you using a fully modular PSU? If so, are both ends of the cable labelled? Also, what do you mean in that without the cable "it runs fine"? The PC shouldn't boot at all without a CPU power cable connected.

wibbed

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016

Y5cPn0W.jpg

AVzU6u8.jpg

There's something wrong here. I can't really test the cable pinout over the internet, but the plastic housings for the pins on the CPU cable (at least the end in the picture) are not shaped correctly. In fact, it doesn't match any spec I'm aware of. Are you using a fully modular PSU? If so, are both ends of the cable labelled? Also, what do you mean in that without the cable "it runs fine"? The PC shouldn't boot at all without a CPU power cable connected.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS