[SOLVED] ATX Antec HGC 650 (Some questions about it and GPU)

Dec 19, 2020
Hi everyone. I have two question about my PSU and the power of my GPU.
I've used a Corsair VS650 for years, with different builds, with no problems.
I have now bought a 1660 Super and am having problems probably due to the power supply so I have decided to buy a new one.
What do you think about this: ATX Antec High Current Gamer Gold HCG650-650W ?

Even if it didn't solve my GPU issues, is it still a better power supply than the Corsair VS?
Thank you very much :giggle:

Solution
So, could it power a Ryzen 5 2600, a 1660 Super, 3 SSDs, 2 Artic 4-Pin Fans and 32GB 3000mhz DDR4 RAM in your opinion? Or could I still have some problems?

Thanks a lot for the answer :)
Your power requirements are really low. You could use a 450 watt PSU as long as it's a good one. A 550 watt PSU would give a bit of extra and is what I would use for your system. You can use the Antec 650 if you want but you really don't need that much unless you anticipate more powerful upgrades in the new few years. You could power a 3060 ti or a 3070 with the Antec 650.
Hi everyone. I have two question about my PSU and the power of my GPU.
I've used a Corsair VS650 for years, with different builds, with no problems.
I have now bought a 1660 Super and am having problems probably due to the power supply so I have decided to buy a new one.
What do you think about this: ATX Antec High Current Gamer Gold HCG650-650W ?

Even if it didn't solve my GPU issues, is it still a better power supply than the Corsair VS?
Thank you very much :giggle:
The Antec is made by Seasonic and based on the Focus series. It's far better than the Corsair VS series, which is Corsair's bottom of the list budget model, making a comparison between them somewhat unfair. The newest version of the Antec has a smaller footprint and a smaller fan to go with it. The result is more fan noise at high workloads. There are better options than the Antec HCG but it's not a bad power supply at all.

Reactions: anth.anth
Dec 19, 2020
So, could it power a Ryzen 5 2600, a 1660 Super, 3 SSDs, 2 Artic 4-Pin Fans and 32GB 3000mhz DDR4 RAM in your opinion? Or could I still have some problems?

Your power requirements are really low. You could use a 450 watt PSU as long as it's a good one. A 550 watt PSU would give a bit of extra and is what I would use for your system. You can use the Antec 650 if you want but you really don't need that much unless you anticipate more powerful upgrades in the new few years. You could power a 3060 ti or a 3070 with the Antec 650.

Reactions: anth.anth
Solution