[SOLVED] ATX Power Ports?

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
My mobo has both an 8-pin and a 4-pin atx power port, and my PSU came with 2 4x4 pin connectors, not marked as CPU, just blank. They are not the pcie connectors tho. Assuming they are the right connectors, is it safe to plug two 4x4 connectors into the 8-pin and 1 of the other 4x4 in the 4-pin?

z690 phantom gaming 4
Hive 1000w psu

Thank you.

Solution
My mobo has both an 8-pin and a 4-pin atx power port, and my PSU came with 2 4x4 pin connectors, not marked as CPU, just blank. They are not the pcie connectors tho. Assuming they are the right connectors, is it safe to plug two 4x4 connectors into the 8-pin and 1 of the other 4x4 in the 4-pin?

z690 phantom gaming 4
Hive 1000w psu

Thank you.

No it's not safe to do that, your pc wouldn't boot if its not connected properly.
Check what karadjgne has to say about your psu specs and how to hook it up correctly.

z690 phantom gaming 4
Hive 1000w psu

Thank you.

No it's not safe to do that, your pc wouldn't boot if its not connected properly.
Check what karadjgne has to say about your psu specs and how to hook it up correctly.

Solution

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say. The thread you linked is saying I should do what I asked if I should do. I have the unmarked 8-pin in the Psu’s CPU port, the 4+4 pins in Atx12v1 and 1 of the 4-pin from the other 4+4 pins in the Atx12v2