ATX Won't Provide Power to MOBO

AselHD

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
I recently used a friends build to verify that my MOBO was broken, and I did. I now know whats wrong with my system but now his won't work. The MOBO was fine before I tested my PSU on his system but upon taking it out, the MOBO will no longer get power. It is fully plugged in with the CPU power and ATX, but I cant get it to start using both the on motherboard power button, and the shorting the pins. No pins on the PSU is bent, nor the MOBO atx pwoer connector are broken. Any suggestions? The PSU works fine on other MOBOs so Im not suire what to do at this point.

f-14

Distinguished
no parts specs of involved parts listed. problem description doesn't make alot of sense with out knowing which parts you are talking about where and i can arrive at 3 conclussions all of which leads me to suspect noob user errors.

AselHD

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014

I already checked through the no post guide. What do you think it is

Corsair CX500
ASRock Extreme4

siviprime

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
We may need to know your' whole system specs in order to figure out the problem. There's a substantial chance of the PSU being the issue here; the Corsair CX series are notorious for their poor quality internals.