AU13 Bios update now not APIC compatable to XP

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

I upgraded the BIOS on my AU13 ver 1.2 to TFA42 and everything seemed
to go well. It rebooted fine. Then when I went to do a fresh install on
a new hard driveof XP a message comes up saying that the BIOS is not
APIC compatable?? I reflashed and again everthing seemed well but when
installing XP I get the same message. What is going on??

John

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

I do not have this particular motherboard, but try looking through the
BIOS for APIC options. You will probably find them under Advanced BIOS
Features. "APIC Mode" should be "Enabled", and "MPS Version Control for
OS" should be "1.4". Also go to the "ACPI Function" in the Power
Management section and make sure it is "Enabled".

--Alex