Review Audeze LCD-GX Review: A gaming Headset for Audiophiles

D

Deleted member 14196

I would love a set of these. I love their headphones.

oh well! I’m old enough to realize that in reality, when you get something you really want then you want something else and I’m done with that way of life but I’m sure the sound quality is amazing

D

Deleted member 14196

He sounds like someone who has never used one of their headphones else he wouldn’t say that

Audeze make some of the best headphones in the world if not the best. Real professionals use Audeze in the real world.

Reactions: gg83

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
Couldn't you just buy an inline or discrete mic for your Audeze? They are a lot cheaper than getting a whole new set.

Also some dynamic drivers move all at once and have more travel, but less cross sectional area. Like the Focal full size line and some headphones with stiff paper drivers. I don't know the brands that have them, but you can DIY your own if you get the speakers from aliexpress: 50mm 24 Ohm Edge Free Headphones Driver For Denon 50mm Nano-fiber Headset Audiophile Diy - Protective Sleeve - AliExpress And they are more precise than most of the flexing dynamic drivers, but ofc the adjusting is in your hands so final results may vary.

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
The 400SE is a great set. I have both pairs. I can say without hesitation that the Audeze is leagues better, particularly in soundstage. It should be for that much more money, but you get what you pay for between the two.
would you consider the 8xx for a little more with a ModMic?
right now im using 1990 pro with a ModMic. id like something with more soundstage. since going to open back from astro A50's, ill never go back.

Friesiansam

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2015
I don't have or want, a gaming headset but, use a Fiio E10k and the Shure SRH1540s that used to be my main music listening headphones. With these, Elder Scrolls Online sounds pretty good. A while ago, just because I could, I tried playing the sound through my Pathos Converto Mk2 and Focal Elegias and, was very surprised at just how much better it sounded, both in terms of clarity and detail. I didn't expect game sound to have that much to give. With that in mind I'm sure the Audeze LCD-GX has much potential but, also that it won't be fully realised if you want to use the mic, as you won't be able to connect to a high quality headphone amp/DAC good enough to do it justice.

gamebynight

Commendable
Apr 27, 2021
would you consider the 8xx for a little more with a ModMic?
right now im using 1990 pro with a ModMic. id like something with more soundstage. since going to open back from astro A50's, ill never go back.

That's tricky. I have used the 8XX but had to send it back, but based on my memory, I would still go with the GX. The 8XX has excellent soundstage but is very flat in frequency response. I would probably lean toward the GX for the more cinematic sound. I know quite a few people who adore the 8XX for gaming, though, so I think it's going to come down to personal taste for the kind of sound profile you like.

That said, though I haven't tried it, the 8XX should be able to EQ to whatever tuning you enjoy most. If you're open to EQing it yourself, that could be the difference maker.

Sarah has the 800, maybe she can comment more?

Craig234

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
I have - had - the LCD-2 and love the sound, but the build quality, while great in the short term, hasn't lasted. Just sitting a long time, the cable just snapped, the earpieces had the adhesive vanish...

TRENDING THREADS