Question Audible buzzing/hum when I use both the HDMI out and headphone jack on my HP 15 Notebook ?

mrbear2899

Honorable
May 25, 2017
When I use the 3.5mm audio out on my HP 15 laptop and the video out from HDMI at the same time, I get an audible buzz or hum noise. What can I do to fix this? I'm outputting audio to a set of speakers.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your audio equipment? What HDMI device are you working with? As for your laptop, please mention the model to your HP laptop. While here, use CPU-Z to show you what your current BIOS version is listed as, under Mainboard's tab. Use the serial number found under your laptop into HP's support site to bring up a bespoke support page. Use the CPU-Z info and HP's support site info to cross-reference if you have any BIOS versions pending update.

mrbear2899

Honorable
May 25, 2017
Make and model of your audio equipment? What HDMI device are you working with? As for your laptop, please mention the model to your HP laptop. While here, use CPU-Z to show you what your current BIOS version is listed as, under Mainboard's tab. Use the serial number found under your laptop into HP's support site to bring up a bespoke support page. Use the CPU-Z info and HP's support site info to cross-reference if you have any BIOS versions pending update.
Yamaha BR12 speakers,
Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro soundboard,
HP 15-f271wm is the model number for my laptop,
Yes I installed the latest BIOS.
The HDMI device is a Vizio TV, don't know the model of it and the way it is mounted is hiding the number.