Audigy 4.1 muffled rear channel

Gage

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Hey everyone,

I have an original Audigy Gamer card running 4.1 speakers (non Digital DIN.. just the two analog connectors), and the latest Audigy drivers for Windows XP. With the original shipped drivers that came with the card, I had nice and clear sound from all channels. At one point down the line in one of Creative's driver updates, the rear channel speakers suddenly went to a relatively low volume with muffled sound(very weak treble when compared to the front channel). I've swapped the front to the back on the miniplug connectors, which predictably made the front speakers muffled.. so it's not a problem with the speakers. The front and back channels are equally balanced in Creative's mixer software. I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this situation before. Thanks for any insight.

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Try reverting to the previous drivers. "If it ain't broke, dont fix it". If there was no reason to update drivers; why did you?

"If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a
wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

TRENDING THREADS