Audigy Rx (sb 1550) microphone disappears

fads65

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
Hello guys,
I'm encountering a very weird problem and hope you can help me.

My Specs are:

i5-750
p55m-ud2
8gb 1333 ram
gtx970 g1 gaming (i won this in a giveaway so dont judge me)
corsair cs550m
And the one component causing problems - Creative Soundblaster Audigy 5/rx (sb1550)

So the problem is that whenever i start my computer after it has been powered off for a period of time the microphone ports of my sound card dont show up at all.
Reinstalling the drivers fixes the problem and i can restart the computer multiple times without the issue coming up, as long as my computer is not powered off for a longer period of time.

Here is a picture showing the sound manager and the creative audio console.
My headphones are not affected at all and just continue to work.
NmsWjRX.png

I tried many different drivers. I used the newest and some older official drivers and tried mutliple versions of the support packs by daniel_k. None of them seem to fix the problem.
I have reinstalled windows 10, once through the reset option and once through the media creation tool using a usb stick.
I tried to deactivate/reinstall my onboard sound (realtek alc888) but to no avail.
I also reseated the card multiple times and even removed the front header from it but no luck still.

I'm all out of ideas and hope one of you guys has an idea.

Cheers,
Daniel

Solution
Try disabling the onboard sound card since you have a dedicated sound card in your system. Remove the drivers for both your Realtek solution and the Creative solution, then disable the automatic updates, reboot and if the drivers for the Creative card are yet there uninstall and reinstall your drivers but this time in compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8] [from the drop down menu]
and see if the issue is averted.

The last thing you could do is contact Creative support and notify them of this mess.

Lutfij

Titan
Try disabling the onboard sound card since you have a dedicated sound card in your system. Remove the drivers for both your Realtek solution and the Creative solution, then disable the automatic updates, reboot and if the drivers for the Creative card are yet there uninstall and reinstall your drivers but this time in compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8] [from the drop down menu]
and see if the issue is averted.

The last thing you could do is contact Creative support and notify them of this mess.

Solution