Audigy+XP+A7v333=noworky

G

Allright, I got an Audigy platinum, and I cannot for the life of me get it to work right. The eax demo says that there isn't a card installed, I get strange clicking when playing dvd's, and various software components don't work, like the remote center software. Just wants to send Microsoft information constantly.

I got a, surprise here, A7v333 xp 1900 and xp OS. I can't get the update drivers to install, says that setup couldn't detect a Audigy card installed.

but it is... It works, plays games fine, mp3's dandy, but thats it I'm affraid. Installed in the DM just fine no probs, on its own irq even, but can't get the updates to work for the life of me.

So wondering if any one else has gotten the "XP update" drivers installed and what the magic trick is that I am missing.... Or I am alone here and will be needing to offload this card soon, for a more freindly card. Oh and yes the onboard sound is disabled, dead and non detecting.

<-Insert witty line> </end whitty line>

FatBurger

Illustrious
That's a really odd problem, hopefully someone knows of a fix offhand. Have you checked Creative's website for a fix?

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

G

Yes, well creatives website hasn't been all that helpfull. One of the fixes for the various sound problems I got is to install the updated drivers...... Which is the whole problem. Alas

<-Insert witty line> </end whitty line>

G

I had the same prob with XP and the platnium. Its a direct X problem. Go to:

- run
- dxdiag, enter

That will bring up the direct x config gui. Goto sound and turn the acceleration down to either basic or standard, which ever allows your apps to work. I had to turn my down to basic, which means only software acceleration no hardware, kinda makes the card pointless eh. But anyway, Creative is aware of the issue and are working to correct it.

Hope that helps