audigyor santa cruz

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I'm considering upgrading my oem sb live value .. I need a card mainly for games .. the cheapest audigy is in a similar price range as the TB santa cruz .. I would get the SC, but I have read that the best way to install is to wipe your HDD and reintall the OS if you previously had a SB live installed .. I am naturally reluctant to do this .. also I use w98se and they have stopped developing drivers for this OS .. I have a p-4 woody w\ 512 ddr2700 ram .. advice please ??

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Computers run on smoke, I let the smoke out of mine and it quit working </b> </font color=blue>

FatBurger

Illustrious
You don't need to format to install a Santa Cruz. Just pop it in and install the drivers.

Nice to see more people wanting to move away from Creative.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

I vote for Santa Cruz (which I have) if only because they are serious about driver support it seems. Can't speak from personal experience on the Audigy though. MY friend had one that had a driver problem where every time the computer rebooted the volume for the Audigy was reset to MAX - resulting in the Windows startup sound practically blowing his speakers every time - talk about annoying - I would assume they've patched that by now but I've never had any problems with the SC.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
Yeah I ordered the SC yesterday from Newegg.com .. 67.00 USD inc shipping.. Found last night that if I install 23.11 drivers for my gf3 ti 200, the soundblaster wont work and the gameport won't work in certain games .. driver conflicts I suppose .. well hopefully the SC won't have these issues. running the 21.8x's now

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Computers run on smoke, I let the smoke out of mine and it quit working </b> </font color=blue>

ycs46241

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2001
i would vote for santa cruz go to web site and read spec's
<A HREF="http://www.voyetra-turtle-beach.com/site/products/santacru/" target="_new">http://www.voyetra-turtle-beach.com/site/products/santacru/</A>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Maybe I can sell you my Santa Cruz? :smile: It's an amazing sound card but I'm moving beyond it now probably this summer because I want to upgrade my PC into a home entertainment centre and the Santa Cruz doesn't have a breakout box with all the connectors and a remote like the Audigy Platinum.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
sheesh.. I'm snakebit lately first they release the woody 1.8a AFTER I am forced to buy the 2.0a and now you offer me the sound card I just ordered for less than the 67.00 usd I paid I'll bet lol

lagger

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
sheesh.. I'm snakebit lately first they release the woody 1.8a AFTER I am forced to buy the 2.0a and now you offer me the sound card I just ordered for less than the 67.00 usd I paid I'll bet lol
Hehe, Woody? I believe you meant Northy? The P4 Northwood right?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
No I meant woody .. sounds funnier to me :)

lagger

TRENDING THREADS