Audio and mic at the same time Msi b350m gaming pro

Burhan_4

Reputable
Jun 23, 2017
Currently I just built a desktop with the msi b350m gaming pro. Everything is working smoothly until I get on discord. I have my headphones plugged into the blue plug (line in) on my motherboard and have the device set as headphones on the realtek audio manager. Nothing is working. I have tried to do multiple things so far. I can get audio to work on it's own and the mic to work on its own but not together. Please help.

Solution

Go to "Control Panel > Sound > Communications". Is the "Reduce the volumes of other sounds by 80%" option enabled?

Burhan_4

Reputable
Jun 23, 2017

Sadly it didn't help. I can talk into the mic but I have to basically yell for anyone to hear me. Not only that but when the mic is working I can't hear anything. I do have an extra pair of headphones I can use as a mic but I basically have to scream.I would like it where I can have both the mic and audio at the same time but it isn't necessary. I just mainly want the mic to work.

Go to "Control Panel > Sound > Communications". Is the "Reduce the volumes of other sounds by 80%" option enabled?

Solution

Burhan_4

Reputable
Jun 23, 2017

I just wish I could use both audio and mic at the same time, but hey atleast one works!!! Thank you. Now I just have to find some earbuds with a mic that actually work.