Question Audio and Mic Quality Worsened After Windows 10 Format

ithatsings

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2016
Hello,

A couple of days ago I formatted my PC and I went ahead and installed my drivers accordingly and so on and so forth. What I instantly noticed was the audio was extremely sub-par compared to how it was beforehand. Not only that, but my friends on Discord complain that my microphone quality (HyperX Alpha Cloud) has worsened as well as the sensitivity. I find that now I have to place my microphone a ridiculously close to my mouth for them to hear me. I've gone into Sound and turned up the Microphone boost and Level to max.

Could anybody perhaps point me in a direction to try and resolve this?
Thank you in advance.

PC Specs if necessary:
View: https://imgur.com/a/fmzNQf6

Last edited:
Don't know much about this kind of thing, but when you say "and I went ahead and installed my drivers accordingly to my model and so on and so forth." Are you talking about the motherboard drivers? Did you reinstall the drivers specific to that microphone from the company's website? Windows could be using generic drivers rather than the specific drivers for that microphone. Maybe you need to uninstall the microphone and all its software, and then reinstall it like you did when it was new.

ithatsings

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2016
Don't know much about this kind of thing, but when you say "and I went ahead and installed my drivers accordingly to my model and so on and so forth." Are you talking about the motherboard drivers? Did you reinstall the drivers specific to that microphone from the company's website? Windows could be using generic drivers rather than the specific drivers for that microphone. Maybe you need to uninstall the microphone and all its software, and then reinstall it like you did when it was new.

Hello and thank you for the reply,

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear. I installed the audio drivers recommended by my motherboard on their support page, and AFAIK, the HyperX Cloud Alpha do not require drivers. Another thing I have tried was going into Device Manager and uninstalling both headset and microphone for the Alpha's and plugged it back in to automatically redownload them. Unfortunately, the problem remains the same.