Audio and microphone issue during gameplay

Apr 10, 2018
Ok, so just about everytime I've played a game with nothing but the game I'm playing and discord open to talk to my friends, my audio just cuts off; my mic stops working and I have to close the programs I'm running and unplug my headset to get it to work for about one more hour and it becomes more frequent. It's not the headset because I've gotten a new one and my webcam mic doesn't work as well. My computer is built to run heavy games, but I'm not sure if this has something to do with my games freezing up randomly. It's absolutely irritable and no one is having the same problem as me. Please, someone must know something at least.. This has gone on for far too long...

Solution
Hi there

This occurs only when you are using discord? Does not occur when you just play the game?

Could be that discord is capturing the sound device. If that is the case you can disable that in the sound configuration. Click on the panel sound icon once it pops up and you see the volume slider click on the sound icon above the slider. Look for speaker properties under advanced tab and uncheck the boxes see if that fixs the issue.

Dave8671

Distinguished
Hi there

This occurs only when you are using discord? Does not occur when you just play the game?

Could be that discord is capturing the sound device. If that is the case you can disable that in the sound configuration. Click on the panel sound icon once it pops up and you see the volume slider click on the sound icon above the slider. Look for speaker properties under advanced tab and uncheck the boxes see if that fixs the issue.

Solution