[SOLVED] audio and visual concerns on smart tv

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
I have a Samsung smart tv and I have a few concerns. I've noticed that when the room is dark the screen gets brighter, is there anyway i can change that so that it stays on the same brightness regardless how much light is in the room? Also I've noticed that when I'm watching netflix the sound has to be turned up to at least 10 "levels" higher, for example 8 to 18 is there any way to fix that?

Solution
There are many models of Samsung TVs, you need to check your specific model manual and menu options, it may have adaptive brightness, or it may be simply that the dark room makes the same screen brightness look brighter.. The audio levels in the apps you can't do anything about except maybe check for newer versions of the app, it's how the program is.
There are many models of Samsung TVs, you need to check your specific model manual and menu options, it may have adaptive brightness, or it may be simply that the dark room makes the same screen brightness look brighter.. The audio levels in the apps you can't do anything about except maybe check for newer versions of the app, it's how the program is.

Solution

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

is there a way i can turn off the "adaptive brightness"