Question Audio Appears to Play Yet Does Not

Nov 28, 2020
I had recently discovered this issue when trying to use some headphones and speakers with my PC. My PC has the AMD B450 AORUS Elite V2 Motherboard. I was planning to pair my speakers with an AUX cable to my PC's motherboard audio jacks. My PC seems to recognize the speakers and I can orient them but when I try to play audio through them, nothing comes out. I additionally tried plugging in headphones through the front audio jack, which was again recognized by the computer yet still no audio comes out. I tried to figure out why, which led to me testing the headphones out in settings, which reported that the headphones were "playing" sounds yet nothing was coming out. I am confused and thanks in advance for any replies.

johnsoner13

Notable
Nov 24, 2019
I had recently discovered this issue when trying to use some headphones and speakers with my PC. My PC has the AMD B450 AORUS Elite V2 Motherboard. I was planning to pair my speakers with an AUX cable to my PC's motherboard audio jacks. My PC seems to recognize the speakers and I can orient them but when I try to play audio through them, nothing comes out. I additionally tried plugging in headphones through the front audio jack, which was again recognized by the computer yet still no audio comes out. I tried to figure out why, which led to me testing the headphones out in settings, which reported that the headphones were "playing" sounds yet nothing was coming out. I am confused and thanks in advance for any replies.
Did you make sure, in the sound settings under the playback tab, your headphones or speakers were set to default devices?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS