Nov 28, 2020
I had recently discovered this issue when trying to use some headphones and speakers with my PC. My PC has the AMD B450 AORUS Elite V2 Motherboard. I was planning to pair my speakers with an AUX cable to my PC's motherboard audio jacks. My PC seems to recognize the speakers and I can orient them but when I try to play audio through them, nothing comes out. I additionally tried plugging in headphones through the front audio jack, which was again recognized by the computer yet still no audio comes out. I tried to figure out why, which led to me testing the headphones out in settings, which reported that the headphones were "playing" sounds yet nothing was coming out. I am confused and thanks in advance for any replies.

johnsoner13

Respectable
I had recently discovered this issue when trying to use some headphones and speakers with my PC. My PC has the AMD B450 AORUS Elite V2 Motherboard. I was planning to pair my speakers with an AUX cable to my PC's motherboard audio jacks. My PC seems to recognize the speakers and I can orient them but when I try to play audio through them, nothing comes out. I additionally tried plugging in headphones through the front audio jack, which was again recognized by the computer yet still no audio comes out. I tried to figure out why, which led to me testing the headphones out in settings, which reported that the headphones were "playing" sounds yet nothing was coming out. I am confused and thanks in advance for any replies.
Did you make sure, in the sound settings under the playback tab, your headphones or speakers were set to default devices?