Audio being weird

stipplaa

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
sorry if this is in the wrong category!
uh, my cousin spilled some water on my laptop about, two months ago. now the audio is really skippy. like whenever there is a new page loading and i have music on, it gets glitchy-- like a skipping cd!
anyone need help?

BTW-- i run the most recent version of windows 7 and have no viruses.

chugot9218

Honorable
Well, if it looks like it happened as a direct result of the water, it is likely either the speaker was damaged or the part of the board that processes audio. But, you mention it only happens when the PC is under load? I am not sure what could cause that, damage to something I suppose but I do not know what.

Surgeking

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Hmm the spill was 2 months ago and has run well since this audio skipping? aside from something like oxidation (rusting) i don't see why the spill would affect it now and not right after.

so just to brainstorm.

Is that the only oddity? No freezing, crashes, random errors, or signs of something wrong?
Does it get really hot?
Does it skip randomly or only when the computer is being used for more than 1 thing? can you recreate it reliably.
have you tried a different browser and recreating the symptoms?
Did you download/install any new programs or updates?

stipplaa

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

nope! i ran a couple virus scans yesterday and there's nothing that would be killing the audio in anway, unless malware bytes is lying to me :p
no, it doesn't get hot. and if it does it's just because it's a stupid old computer.
on IE and Firefox it's all as glitchy.
i have the second latest windows 7 update, so nothing should be that bad.

and yeah, it started skipping a couple days after the spill. it doesn't do much other then skipping. sometimes it'll get slow but that's just because we live in the middle of no where.

TRENDING THREADS