Question Audio buzzing in high load games, mobo?

hillelslovak

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Specs:
EVGA GTX 1080
Aorus b450 Aorus M motherboard
Ryzen 7 2700
16gb G-Skill ddr4 2333mhz
Corsair 600w PSU (Don't remember model number)
Win10 Home latest build

I recently upgraded the motherboard, processor and got a new simple audio system, a Logitech 2623 two speaker+subwoofer setup.

For some reason now, whenever I play games fullscreen, and the actual audio in the game kicks in, I get a buzzing in my speakers. I can remedy this by twisting around the audio plug in the green jack in the back port, but I reeeeally don't want to have to do that every time I play a fullscreen game.

Prey, for example. It goes through all the logo videos then the menu with no distortion, but when I load up my save it starts right up at the loading screen. If I exit back to the menu it ceases and goes back to the slight (if putting your ear right to the speakers) standard white noise hum. But with Madden 20, the buzzing starts right as the game. Nioh, it happens when hitting the main menu, and stops when the game goes off. Could it possibly be a power issue since none of the indie games I have do this? It's only in the more demanding games that this seems to happen.

This has to be something to do with my motherboard, right? Could it be a grounding issue with the speakers as well? I've connected the speaker system to the wall, to other surge protector outlets, nothing. I have also moved the subwoofer unit away from the PC a couple feet, and this made no difference. For some reason it stopped for about a week after I took the cable that went into the back of the computer and spooled it around so it wasn't touching any other cables, but alas, it came back last night when I booted up Ghost Recon Wildlands. I have DFX as an audio enhancer. I have tried seeing if that could be the problem, but it doesn't seem to matter, as neither does changing my realtek drivers to the stock windows hd device ones either. I just bought a new shielded speaker cable to see if perhaps the speaker company simply included a poor quality stock cable.

So, could this be bad electrical shielding on my mobo, a psu issue, or possibly just a bad cable?

hillelslovak

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Try resetting your sound settings,

have you tried the setup with a different pc/laptop to rule out cable issues.

does decreasing volume change anything?

I decreased both pc and sound system volume. The problem is still there. I just tried connecting 2 pairs of headphones to the speakers, played Ghost Recon Wildlands, and the sound was there whether or not the sound was muted or not.

I also disconnected all of my usb devices on the backside of the pc as well, in order to see if they perhaps might be causing some interference. It was still there regardless. This has to be bad shielding or something on the motherboard, right? I'm leaning towards high gpu load causing some interference of some kind. Could it possibly be the power supply either?

For problems like this, I've heard people speak of using a pci sound card, but I don't have anywhere to put it on the mobo, as I have a wifi card occupying the pci-e slot under my gpu.

If this is indeed just a motherboard with crappy shielding, are there any adapters I could possibly connected my stereo system to, that itself would be connected to the green port on the back of the pc?

I decreased both pc and sound system volume. The problem is still there. I just tried connecting 2 pairs of headphones to the speakers, played Ghost Recon Wildlands, and the sound was there whether or not the sound was muted or not.

I also disconnected all of my usb devices on the backside of the pc as well, in order to see if they perhaps might be causing some interference. It was still there regardless. This has to be bad shielding or something on the motherboard, right? I'm leaning towards high gpu load causing some interference of some kind. Could it possibly be the power supply either?

For problems like this, I've heard people speak of using a pci sound card, but I don't have anywhere to put it on the mobo, as I have a wifi card occupying the pci-e slot under my gpu.

If this is indeed just a motherboard with crappy shielding, are there any adapters I could possibly connected my stereo system to, that itself would be connected to the green port on the back of the pc?
Are you sure you are not experiencing bad coil whine from the GPU?