Audio buzzing when GPU on heavy load

donmiq

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hi,

So I just upgraded my 560 ti to a gigabyte 970 g1 and have just one issue with the whole thing. I first noticed this when playing a game with the new card. Whenever I am looking at anything graphically intensive, there is a buzzing noise that comes from my speakers or headphones, whichever I am using for my audio. It is not coil whine or anything like that, although I do notice that as well. It is not game specific, but the buzzing noise is louder on more intensive games. For example, in csgo the buzz is quiet but still there, Dying Light highest settings the buzzing is louder. The noise also occurs when I run fur mark so I know it's not just games.

I have tried reinstalling the audio and video drivers. Have also looked at all wires from the psu to the mobo/gpu and fiddled with them to make sure they are correctly plugged in and not loose. I'm really at a loss for what could be causing this, as it did not happen with the 560 ti. My bet is on the psu but I can't see why it would not be able to handle the upgrade.

I have provided my specs below. If anyone has any advice or questions, please post. Any help would be appreciated.

CPU | [Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor] - 4GHz overclock, 3.3 stock does not fix the issue.

Motherboard | [Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 ATX LGA1155] running latest bios

Memory | [G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600]

Hard Drive | [Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM] x2

Video Card | [Gigabyte GTX 970 G1] not overclocked

Power Supply | [PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W]

bror31

Prominent
Oct 13, 2019
I jsut came across this topic and wanted to mention Im experiencing the same problem. I do have an external soundcard, Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB.. and yet i still get buzzing when using aps such as Davinci Resolve or Photoshop... does anyone have any more info regarding this? Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS