Audio compatible with HDMI ARC and Optical output in same time.

Feb 8, 2019
I have Bose Solo 5 soundbar for TV, it does not give better bass. I have another Sony home theater system, it will not give proper vocal. I want to mix both Bose solo 5 and Sony home theater system. My TV has HDMI ARC and optical cable ports. Sound bar is connected to Optical cable as it does not have HDMI port, I wish to connect Sony Home theater to HDMI to get better bass.

Now my question is, will TV give output to HDMI and Optical ports in same time?

Feb 8, 2019

Thanks jsmithepa, this looks better option. Do we face any lose in signal while splitting single out to two?

Feb 8, 2019

Thanks alexoiu, you mean HDMI ARC from TV have to connect to this converter box. From box both HDMI and optical can take in same time. Is that wright ?

Feb 8, 2019

Thanks alexoiu

toddsdonald

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
I have Bose Solo 5 soundbar for TV, it does not give better bass. I have another Sony home theater system, it will not give proper vocal. I want to mix both Bose solo 5 and Sony home theater system. My TV has HDMI ARC and optical cable ports. Sound bar is connected to Optical cable as it does not have HDMI port, I wish to connect Sony Home theater to HDMI to get better bass.

Now my question is, will TV give output to HDMI and Optical ports in same time?
Hi Birla, I've got the same issue. I've got a Sony Bravia TV hooked up to nice little 5.1 sound bar system. The sound is good and movies are enjoyable, but it just doesn't have a powerful clear frontal sound. So i tried to hook up an energy Power Base I have, (big all in one speaker, very nice), in combination with the 5.1 sound bar system. There was a ton of echo unfortunately, but the front sound stage had the power and presence i was looking for. Lesson learned, that although the hdmi arc and optical outputs worked simultaneously, the echo is unbearable. I read in this thread that someone mentioned splitting the optical instead. I didn't know you could split the optical output, but that might work as both of my speakers have optical inputs. Now i need to try and find an optical splitter.