Question Audio Cracking/Popping in Windows 10 through all outputs

Feb 29, 2020
Out of nowhere my audio started crackling when I change volumes or theres a sudden change in the sounds. Its not equipement related because when i stream my friends ear it through discord. I have tried all the possible solutions found on other posts:

-changing sound drivers
-reinstalling GPU drivers
-disabling enhancements and changing frequency
-disabled fastboot
-tried different power outlets
-swapped between Realtek and windows audio
-tried all ports, even the monitor output -updating motherboard bios

Is there a possible easy solution or could it be a motherboard/hardware problem? Is a dac/amp a guaranteed fix to this problem?

Setup:
Amd Ryzen 3700x
RTX 2070 super
Asus prime 470x-pro
Samsung 980 Evo plus

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you state the version of Windows 10 you're currently on? Which BIOS version are you on currently? You might want to try uninstalling your sound drivers then reinstalling them with the latest fund off of Asus's support site.

The issue would likely be caused by Windows 10 and it's inherent issue with audio drivers(from Realtek).

Feb 29, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you state the version of Windows 10 you're currently on? Which BIOS version are you on currently? You might want to try uninstalling your sound drivers then reinstalling them with the latest fund off of Asus's support site.

The issue would likely be caused by Windows 10 and it's inherent issue with audio drivers(from Realtek).

Im running the latest windows 10 version 1909
When trying to solve this problem i updated the BIOS aswell from asus website, along with the drivers listed there. The issue still persists.
Should i make a clean install of windows? I cant roll back the previous one because it has been more then 10 days and when i try to reset windows and keep files it gives me an error.

TRENDING THREADS